Island Waste Management Corporation (IWMC) is seeking interested individuals for the position of Scale House Operator (SHO)/Inspector at our Murray River location. The SHO/Inspector processes transactions for material arriving at the facility and inspects loads to ensure the specifications outlined in the Waste Watch guidelines are met.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license;
- Grade 12 education or equivalent;
- Reliable, dependable and punctual;
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to remain calm and professional when interacting with upset customers;
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently and as part of a team;
- Basic computer skills;
- Cash handling experience;
- Previous experience operating a skid steer and/or forklift would be an asset; and
- Capacity to lift up to 50lb and perform physically demanding tasks.
To learn more about this position, please click HERE.