Island Waste Management Corporation (IWMC) is seeking interested individuals for the position of Scale House Operator (SHO) / Inspector. The SHO/Inspector processes transactions for material arriving at the facility and inspects loads to ensure the specifications outlined in the Waste Watch guidelines are met.
The SHO/Inspector reports to Disposal Fee Program Supervisor.
- Inspect and weigh materials arriving at WWDC. Direct traffic to appropriate drop-off areas, answer customers’ inquiries and proactively inform customers of Waste Watch program requirements.
- Issue transaction tickets and process corresponding payments. Balance cash payments and prepare day-end transaction reports.
- Maintain indoor and outdoor site premises in accordance with IWMC policies and procedures, and ensure adequate stock of supplies.
- Communicate with other IWMC staff and contractors to ensure the efficient operation of WWDC.
- Sort and pack various material types according to requirements of recycling and disposal programs.
- Complete, submit and file various forms.
- Other duties as required.
To see the full career description, click HERE.