Special Bulletins and News
Back to List
HELP CONSERVE WATER while RECYCLING!
Posted on: 2012-07-20
You can conserve water and properly prepare containers for recycling by keeping these suggestions and tips in mind.
* Items for Blue Bag #2 (plastics, glass, cartons & metals) must be clean & dry. Please remove food and liquid waste -- labels and glue residue do not need to be removed.
* A kitchen spatula can be used to remove most food from plastic containers and cans.
* Soiled paper towels and napkins can be reused to wipe containers out.
* Use the water in your sink (after doing dishes) to rinse recyclables -- no need to use clean water.
* Put recyclable containers in your dishwasher along with other dishes -- be sure to use a water and energy efficient dishwasher.
RE-THINK..... then RECYCLE!