Fall Cleanup schedule is the same Island wide. Drivers have the entire week to collect material. Therefore, the Fall Cleanup collection may not be on your regular cart day. Please place your fall cleanup material curbside by 7 a.m. on the dates indicated below:
Monday, November 1 – Yard Debris*
Monday, November 8 – Waste
Monday, November 15 – Yard Debris*
*Please note yard debris does not include food waste, such as unwanted garden and orchard produce and carving pumpkins. Place these in your green cart.
Please follow the guidelines below when placing your material curbside:
- Bundle and tie similar items, such as twigs, branches, etc.
- Each item (or bundle) must not exceed 50lb in weight and 4ft in length and width. Please note wood stumps measuring more than 15″ in diameter and weighing less than 50lb will be collected the week of November 8 as waste.
- Place grass, leaves, and other loose yard debris in paper bags or open rigid containers. Do not use corrugated cardboard boxes (packing boxes) as these are not compostable.
- Place waste items in clear, transparent plastic bags, or open rigid containers. Collection drivers cannot see material in solid-colored bags to determine whether non-waste materials are present. Do not use blue transparent bags either, as these go to the recycling facility and should not contain waste materials.
The following items are never collected curbside but can be taken for free disposal to Waste Watch Drop-Off Centers at any time of the year:
- Household hazardous waste
- Appliances containing ozone-depleting substances (e.g., Freon)
- Large furniture and appliances. These items take too much space on the truck and are too heavy to lift onto the truck.
- Propane tanks (30lb or less)
- Tires. Please note only tires taken off rims are eligible for free disposal.
- Electrical and electronic products
- Mattresses and box springs
Please search our Interactive Sorting Guide at www.iwmc.pe.ca/sort for detailed information and disposal instructions for items requiring special disposal.