The Fall Cleanup schedule is the same Island wide. Drivers have the entire week to collect material so the Fall Cleanup collection may not be on your regular cart day. Please place your fall cleanup material curbside by 7:00 a.m. on:
Monday, November 7: Yard Debris
Monday, November 14: Waste
Monday, November 21: Yard Debris
Please follow these guidelines when placing your material curbside:
- Bundle and tie similar items, such as twigs, branches, etc.
- Each item (or bundle) must not exceed 50lb in weight and 4ft in length and width.
- Place grass, leaves, and other loose yard debris in paper bags or open rigid containers. Do not use corrugated cardboard boxes (packing boxes) as these are not compostable.
- Place waste items in clear, transparent plastic bags, or open rigid containers. Collection drivers cannot see material in solid-colored bags to determine whether non-waste materials are present. Do not use blue transparent bags either, as these go to the recycling facility and should not contain waste materials.
The following items are never collected curbside but can be taken for free disposal to Waste Watch Drop-Off Centers at any time of the year:
- Household hazardous waste
- Appliances containing ozone-depleting substances (e.g., Freon)
- Large furniture and appliances which take up too much space on the truck and are too heavy to lift onto the truck
- Propane tanks (30lb or less)
- Tires. Please note only tires taken off rims are eligible for free disposal
- Electrical and electronic products
- Mattresses and box springs
Please search our Interactive Sorting Guide for detailed information and disposal instructions for items requiring special disposal.
If your Fall Cleanup material is not collected by the Saturday of each respective cleanup week, please report the missed collection to Customer Service at 1.888.280.8111 no later than Tuesday of the following week. Please wait until the end of a given Fall Cleanup week to report as this type of collection may not be on your regular cart day