External Full-Time: One-year Term with the Possibility of a Permanent Position
Island Waste Management Corporation is seeking interested individuals for the position of Operational Support Technician/Roll-Off Driver. The Operational Support Technician/Roll-Off Driver will be based out of the East Prince Waste Management Facility in Wellington Centre.
Operational Support Technician/Roll-Off Driver assists the Customer Service Department (CSC), the Disposal Department and other administrative departments in a variety of tasks related to collection, transportation, processing and disposal of materials. The Operational Support Technician/Roll-Off Driver reports to Disposal Department Supervisor.
- Use the roll-off truck to transport disposal material from collection sites to disposal sites.
- Use a service truck to deliver, exchange, repair and maintain residential compost and waste carts, and complete other operational tasks as required.
- Inspect and weigh materials arriving at WWDC. Direct traffic to appropriate drop-off areas, answer customers’ inquiries and proactively inform customers of Waste Watch program requirements.
- Issue transaction tickets and process corresponding payments. Balance cash payments and prepare day-end transaction reports.
- Maintain indoor and outdoor site premises in accordance with IWMC policies and procedures, and ensure adequate stock of supplies.
- Communicate with other IWMC staff and contractors to ensure the efficient operation of WWDC.
- Sort and pack various material types according to requirements of recycling and disposal programs.
- Complete, submit and file various forms.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm when interacting with irate customers.
- Ability to multi-task, and work independently and as a team member.
- Basic computer skills.
- Cash handling experience.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment would be an asset.
- Previous experience operating a skid steer and/or forklift would be an asset.
- Capacity to lift up to 50lb and perform physically demanding tasks.
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
$21.24 – $23.04 per hour for a minimum of 75 bi-weekly work hours, Monday through Saturday. This position offers medical and dental benefits, and a retirement plan.
Please submit a resume by Friday, 3 December 2021 to: