Term: Full-Time Excluded Permanent Position (Commencing Immediately)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is a senior management position with Island Waste Management Corporation, and its sub-crown Environmental Industrial Services Inc., responsible to advise and support the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO leads the financial administration of the corporation, and provides oversight, direction and advice to maintain financial accountability. The CFO is responsible for all aspects of the corporation’s financial and corporate management, including budgeting and financial planning, forecasting and financial reporting, internal controls, and contracts.
IWMC has been in the waste management business for more than 20 years and is committed to serving Islanders in an innovative and environmentally responsible way. We offer a positive work environment and value work/life balance. The important and diverse role of CFO is critical to the success and evolution of the Corporation. This position offers a high degree of autonomy and an opportunity to influence key organizational decisions while enjoying the benefits of a collaborative work environment.
- Identify and implement financial objectives and provide overall direction and leadership for the financial administration of the Corporation. Monitor progress and changes, and keep the CEO and Managers up-to-date on the organization’s financial status.
- Oversee and lead the budget planning process, forecasting and reporting, and cost allocation analysis working closely with the CEO, Supervisors and Managers.
- Develop and monitor an appropriate system of internal controls to help safeguard the corporation and further its objectives.
- Provide expert advice on the financial implications of current policy and provide leadership and direction on strategic and operational planning, and policy analysis and development within the context of the financial health of the organization.
- Lead the preparation and submission of applications to the Island Regulatory and Appeals Commission;
- Provide overall direction and leadership on the annual capital budget and the financial administration of capital projects, including assistance in negotiating all major contracts.
- Oversee year-end procedures and serve as primary point of contact for annual external audits.
- Oversee all aspects of the organization’s payroll, including the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Applicants must have a Degree in Business Administration or related field, and a Professional Accounting Designation.
- Extensive experience in leadership and financial management at a senior level.
- Extensive knowledge of financial information systems.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and audit principles.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong interpersonal, leadership, conflict resolution, and collaborative skills and the ability to plan and think strategically.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with the ability to negotiate with and motivate others.
- A good previous work and attendance record.
- A satisfactory criminal record check.
75 hours bi-weekly
$84,357 – $105,456
Monday, October 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM AST
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Karen MacDonald, Chief Executive Officer
Island Waste Management Corporation
110 Watts Ave
Charlottetown, PE C1E 2C1